Windsor Street Montessori School programs are designed to meet the developmental needs of children 3 to 12 years of age.
The classrooms are mixed-aged in 3 year spans.
Primary 2.5 to 6
Lower Elementary 6 to 9
Upper Elementary 9 to 12
The curriculum for all ages is hands-on, exploratory, self-guided, individualized, and open ended and based on the idea of respect for individuals and the environment. The Montessori teachers are certified for the age group they guide.
The classrooms are equipped with a full complement of Montessori materials.
The program is designed to acknowledge that a child is in the process of becoming a moral being who is:
- responsible and accountable for her/his actions
- a confident, competent learner, academically prepared
- intrinsically motivated and autonomous
- critical and creative thinker and problem solver
- socially responsible
- able to handle external authority
- protector of the environment and its resources
- respecter of all persons
- a productive, caring community citizen